This privacy notice provides you with details of how Lorian Association collects and processes your personal data through your use of our site Lorian.org and Lorianeducation.com, including any information you may provide through our site when you enroll in a class or program or sign up for our newsletter and/or blog.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, we would be grateful if you would contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address your concerns.
Here is our full contact information:
The Lorian Association, PO Box 1368, Issaquah WA, 98027 USA
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you that includes:
- your first and last name, country, email address (and preferences) when you subscribe to our mailing list;
- your first and last name,email address, billing address, telephone number (optional), and credit or debit card when you enroll in a class or program or donate to our organization online;
- your first and last name, mailing address and telephone number (if disclosed) when you subscribe to our quarterly journal Views from the Borderland or donate to our organization via mailed check.
We do not collect any sensitive data. We do not sell or share your personal data with third parties.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect data about you when you:
- subscribe to our mailing list
- enroll in our classes and programs
- write to us via email or the contact form on our website
- donate to Lorian Association
- offer feedback
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data in ways you have consented to. We may use your data to:
- send emails (weekly newsletter and/or blog)according to your preferences;
- send fundraising campaigns by mail
- enroll you in a class or program
- acknowledge your financial contribution to our organization
- respond to your inquiries
- process financial transactions (via Stripe,Paypal and Qgiv)
- comply with legal or regulatory obligations
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data in the ways stated above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with our original purpose. If you wish to find out more about any change of purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes outlined:
- service providers who provide IT and system administration services such as Ruzuku (course management), MailChimp (for our email newsletter), Paypal and Stripe and QGiv (for payment transactions), and GMail (for email)
- professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- regulators and other authorities based in relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.