Lorian is committed to a work in the world that seeks, through energetic and physical action, to facilitate healing and service and the creation of wholeness within our daily lives, through our relationships with our families, local communities, and our world. See Lorian’s Core Elements.
Today, while based in Washington state, Lorian is an international organization. We are dedicated to supporting a re-imagination and new understanding of what it means to be human at this point in time. We celebrate the intrinsic human and spiritual capacities within each person that, when understood and put into practice in our daily lives, can build an ecology of wholeness, health, and beauty for the whole earth community.
Lorian shares a common vision of the essential beauty and potential within humanity, the value and sovereignty of each individual, and the sacredness inherent in all of life.
Lorian’s organizational focus is in these four areas:
- Conducts the business of Lorian—coordinates the research, educational and community aspects, and responds to the needs of the organization as a whole.
Lorian Center for Incarnational Spirituality, (LCIS):
- Explores and researches incarnation and wholeness, and the spirituality and practice that emerge from them Read more in “A Spiritual Research Center”
- Offers an Educational Program presenting basic and advanced concepts of Incarnational Spirituality for both new and experienced spiritual-seekers.
- Is guided by David Spangler with a talented faculty who contribute their own understandings and experiences in how Incarnational Spirituality elevates human consciousness.
- Respond to the call for Community by those of us who are committed to the practice of Incarnational Spirituality in our daily lives and work.
- Work at the boundaries where an incarnational and wholeness-creating spirituality engages with the world through a variety of applications.
- Extend as a network across the U.S. and internationally which is fostered through our website, the monthly David’s Desk essay, the quarterly Lorian newsletter, local group activities, educational events and occasional conferences.
- Vary widely in our interests and practices, political leanings, life experience and circumstances in the world. We are a microcosm of the world.
Lorian World Work:
- Seeks, through energetic and physical action, to facilitate healing and service and the creation of wholeness within our daily lives, relationships with our families, local communities, and our world. See Inner Service.